The Professional Golfers’ Association of Nigeria is 50 years old this August. In order to have a robust and successful anniversary, a sport marketing and event planning firm – Seventh Sports International Network Limited has been engaged to add professional touches to the marketing and planning of the anniversary
Lots of activities have been lined up. Parts of it was the Hall of Fame that came up on the 19 of July.
The Hall of Fame was the first in the history of the Association. It featured induction of the following members into the hall of fame –
Andrew Oche Odoh and
The hall of fame which was held in Lagos also featured unveiling of our sponsors for the anniversary and other programmes lined up to commemorate the golden jubilee of the Association.
Venue of the anniversary is the Ibom Hotel and Golf Resort, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.
The celebration is slated for 19th – 25th of August.
- 19th Aug – Seminar for all participants. The Seminar will cover Golf Professionalism, Golf & Health and Golf Rules & Ethics.
- Same day – Free Golf Lessons to members of the public and government functionaries. Cocktail to welcome participants and officials.
- 20th Aug – Professional golf starts with the Regular tour featuring 125 pros from Nigeria and 10 other African countries.
Same day – Free golf lessons for youths and children in the State.
- 21st Aug- Regular tour pros will continue their game and the Senior Tour players start.
- 22nd Aug – pros event continues
- 23rd Aug – pros game ends.
- 24th Aug – Amateurs game starts (Individual event) Only invited amateurs and Sponsors
- 25th Aug – Amateurs’ Team event
- Same day – Gala Night featuring: Presentation of prizes to winners in the professional and amateur categories. Presentation of awards to honour the host governor and three other governors in recognition of their contributions to professional golf development in Nigeria. Closing.
The whole event from beginning to the end will be given wide publicity. Super sports and National and private media organizations in the country will be on ground for the event.
Meanwhile, more corporate and individual bodies are still expected to be part of sponsorship of the programme.
Secretary, PGA of Nigeria